Translate the EPT into your language
1. Translation of the EPT application:
Install Qt, download the source code (see Menu-Compilation), and go to the folder ./translations.
- If you want to improve a language that is already installed, open the corresponding *.ts file with the QtLinguist. Correct the translations where necessary. Save your work and send us the corrected *.ts file.
Optionally you may also test the corrected file in your local copy of the source code: To this end open QtCreator, call Extras->Extern->Linguist->Release and recompile the project.
- If you want to add a new language first get the ISO language code (e.g. de=German), say xx, and create an empty file xx.ts. Then open QtCreator and call Extral->Extern->Liguist->Update. Then the xx.ts file is filled with the English phrases. Finally open the xx.ts file in the QtLinguist and provide the translations entry by entry until all tick marks are green. After completion send us the file.
Optionally you can test your new translation in your local copy of the source code: First go to entropytuner.pro and add a corresponding line in the TRANSLATION section. Then copy qt_xx.qm from the Qt distribution to ./translations. Finally, in the options file Qt/options/environment/optionspageenvironmentgeneralpage.cpp add mLanguageSelection->addItem("<Name of Language>", QVariant("xx")); Finall open the QtCreator, call Extras->Extern->Linguist->Release and recompile the project.
2. Translation of the getting started tutorials:
The tutorials can be found in https://gitlab.com/entropytuner/Entropy-Piano-Tuner/tree/master/tutorial. If you want to correct or extend an existing tutorial download the file and edit the html code. You can also use OpenOffice/Web to edit the file. If you want to add another language get the ISO language code (e.g. de=German), say xx, and creage a new file tutorial_xx.html. Translate the content and finally send us the file.
3. Translation of the manual:
- Correction of an existing manual: The manual can be edited either with OpenOffice or with Microsoft Word. Simply get the file manual_xx.odt or manual_xx.doc from http://download.piano-tuner.org/Resources/Public/Documentation/, where xx denotes the ISO contry code. Edit the file and send it back to us. Note: For some languages we have received only the pdf file (same folder). This can only be edited with an extended version of the Acrobat reader.
- This takes a lot of time but your compatriots will appreciate it. The manual is written either with OpenOffice or with Microsoft Word. If you prefer to use OpenOffice get the file manual_en.odt from http://download.piano-tuner.org/Resources/Public/Documentation/. Otherwise, if you prefer Microsoft office get the file manual_en.doc from the same site. Rename the file to manual_xx.odt or manual_xx.doc, where xx stands for the ISO language code to which you want to translate (e.g. de=German). Edit the file, translating the English sections step by step. Please send us the file.
Thank you in advance! All contributors will be mentioned by name in the ABOUT dialog of the program as well as in the manual.